The Trans-Pacific Partnership wants to give ISPs the power of policing the internet and implementing their own policies on copyright infringement. Although for the most part I do not agree with the goals of the TPP, I do believe that piracy is wrong and anti-piracy actions should be taken. However, with that said, the TPP is approaching the situation in a terrible manner. They are threatening the fundamental rights of the people and of course that is going to enrage most people. The TPP's stunt is a serious threat to free speech. People should be able to use free speech without any interference from these "copyright cops". I also agree with the article when it says that these ISPs are ill-equipped to police the internet. I think the copyright laws should be enforced by the courts and judges because that is their job.
The TPP just wanted to do something drastic that seemingly would prevent piracy and please the people, but their proposal is absolutely ridiculous and incredibly vague. They seem to be a terribly secretive organization and they are making a huge mistake. Their intentions are to enforce anti-piracy, but instead they are disrespecting people's rights and removing the voice of the people. What they're doing is criminal and should be stopped.
No comments:
Post a Comment