Friday, April 25, 2014

Cultural Event #2

After a couple of months of trying to get some people together to go and see the Lego Movie, I was able to go with my sisters.  Legos were a huge part of my childhood so i was beyond excited when I saw the first trailer for the film.  Nostalgia consumed me as soon as the movie began.  The film follows a construction worker named Emmet who is completely average in every way, shape and form, but his life is changed forever when he discovers that he is "the Special".  He is recruited to join several other memorable Lego characters in a quest to stop an evil tyrant who is attempting to glue everything into.  The film was even better than I had anticipated and I found myself in a Target buying a box of Legos not twenty minutes after we walked out of the theater.



No comments:

Post a Comment