Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blog 4: Free Wi-fi for everyone!

The FCC has proposed an idea that essentially pushes for the creation of super Wi-Fi networks across the nation.  This is a huge plan and, if passed, would revolutionize the communication industry.  It would be completely free for users and would be easily accessible.  This has created quite the frenzy and people seem to be divided on the issue.

A super Wi-Fi network would have obvious benefits, but I'm more concerned with the negative impacts.  First off it would be free and who doesn't like free stuff?  And you can gain access from almost anywhere.  In terms of the negatives there would be massive groups of people on the networks at once so it would result in slow internet.  Also it could potentially put a lot of internet service providers out of business.  It could also increase the risk of terrorist attacks through our networking systems.  That would make us much more technologically vulnerable.  Overall I think it's a great idea that will have great benefits, but I still have a lot of concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment